Friday, March 30, 2012

I believe in a thing called love Part 2

To go along with yesterday's post about Matthew Shephard, I would like to share this video with you.


Think.
Try and feel what they feel.
Try and live like they live.
Try and hurt like they hurt.
It is HARD.

As I have mentioned many times,
my mom is a lesbian,
and my dad was gay.
I had a girlfriend at one point.
It is HARD.

The pain I felt,
the times my friends couldn't stay the night,
the times I got made fun of for my mom's lifestyles,
It was HARD.

Many teenagers use the word
faggot
like it is just another word.
But the one and only time I ever heard someone say it to my dad,
and see the look on his face,
It was HARD.

I want to change the way you think. 
Even if you don't agree, please, I beg of you, respect.

xoxo Meghan


P.S. In other less depressing news, I am heading to Ashland University tonight where I am going to be hanging out with my soulie and listening to some TENTH AVENUE NORTH!
Posts will follow and we will hold off on the sadness for a while!

1 comment:

Brooke Nicole said...

Love 10th avenue north!! yaya!